About us: Do you want to work for a world class organization where creativity and thinking outside the box are not only welcomed but encouraged and expected? Do you want to promote health services and community resources while helping to find a cure for Crohn’s & Ulcerative Colitis? If yes, then we want to speak with you. The Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation is a dynamic organization that serves over 1.6 million IBD patients and we need your help in mobilizing resources to find a cure. We’re currently growing and seek a strong Community Director for our Southwest Chapter / Nevada Office. The incumbent will manage the implementation of the Foundation’s mission through fundraising events and board and volunteer development. This employee will also cultivate partnerships and alliances that will promote growth and awareness within the community. If you have strong fundraising experience and enjoy working in the community, then this is the position for you.
Position Summary: The Community Director is responsible for the implementation of the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation’s mission through programs, special event fundraising events and board and volunteer development. The Community Director will cultivate partnerships and alliances that will promote growth and awareness within the Las Vegas, Reno and the State of Nevada. The Community Director plays a key role in professional leadership to the community’s volunteers.
- BA/BS degree
- Five to seven years in not-for-profit fundraising, preferably within a health-related organization.
- Demonstrated track record of successful fundraising experience that includes special events, corporate/foundation giving, donor cultivation and recognition, donor records and acknowledgement.
- Familiarity with major gifts.
- Proven and applicable skills in strategic planning and budgeting and volunteer development
- Self-motivated, results oriented leader with strong organizational skills.
- An effective communicator, both written and oral.
- Proficiency in MS Office, Donor Direct, and Convio a plus.
- Must possess a good credit history.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- In cooperation with the Regional Director develop, implement and monitor an annual budget and work plan, including special event fundraising, support services, leadership development and volunteer development.
- Create and implement strategies to meet fundraising goals through the Take Steps walk program and Chapter special event.
- Recruit volunteer leaders and committee members to assist in implementing the fundraising events.
- Serve as a consultant and resource to Board Chair in assessing, onboarding and engaging board members to meet the Chapter’s revenue goals.
- Build meaningful volunteer relationships by utilizing volunteer skills and resources and recognizing volunteers for their time and efforts.
- Maintain accurate and complete records and files for fundraising events, programs and activities..
- In cooperation with Regional and National staff, direct the cultivation, solicitation, follow-up and recognition process for individual, corporate and foundation donors.
- In partnership with seasonal event coordinator, coordinate all collateral materials related to fundraising events..
- In partnership with the Regional Education and Support Manager, promote and engage volunteers and constituents in community based public education programs.
- In partnership with event committees, coordinate public relations and promotion for fundraising events, programs and activities.
- Perform all other duties and tasks required to support all new and/or proposed fundraising events, programs and activities.
- Actively seek opportunities to address community needs and positively impact local regions while advancing the Foundation’s mission, goals and values.
- Keep abreast of National Office activities and properly utilize the resources available.
- Be knowledgeable about Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis and the Foundation’s strategic plan and operations.
- Assure the proper use, management, security and upkeep of the Foundation’s facilities, equipment and documents.
- Other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
Physical Demands: While performing duties of the job, incumbent is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear.
Work Environment: Occasional travel is required during weeknights and weekends. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be working remotely.
Note: CROHN’S & COLITIS FOUNDATION RESERVES THE RIGHT TO ADD, DELETE, CHANGE OR MODIFY THE JOB DUTIES.