POSITION SUMMARY: The Sr. Fundraising Campaign Manager will be responsible for raising $250,000 through strategic planning, volunteer recruitment and management, and creative thinking to execute CCFA’s walk campaign, Take Steps for Crohn’s & Colitis, in the Chicago and Glenview markets. This position will provide leadership, vision and support to chapter volunteers to help maximize growth potential of the campaign.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Meet annual fundraising goals for Take Steps for Crohn’s & Colitis through the development and implementation of the annual operational plan (detailed budget, team development, corporate development, volunteer development and logistic plans)Provide staff support for volunteers, participants and committees required for the success of Take Steps
- Identify target audiences and build appropriate marketing strategies to recruit, acknowledge and retain event participants and sponsors
- Develop a marketing and promotional plan to enhance visibility and increase community awareness and participation in Take Steps for Crohn’s & Colitis
- Identify, recruit and mobilize high level business and community leaders to serve as corporate chair and Executive committee members
- Form partnerships with high level volunteers in order to gain the most production and ensure long term retention
- Attend all chapter Take Steps for Crohn’s & Colitis Walks activities (usually evenings and/or weekends)
- Support other chapter activities such as education, fundraising and board development
- Other duties as assigned
- College graduate with relevant experience
- Minimum 3 years fundraising experience; walk experience preferred
- Significant planning and budgeting skills
- Strong background in volunteer recruitment and development; experience working with volunteer committees strongly preferred
- Excellent MS Office skills
- Flexible to work some evenings and weekends
- Highly adaptable Self starter
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Capable of building and sustaining relationships with a variety of individuals and businesses
- Strong communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
Physical Demands: While performing duties of the job, incumbent is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear.
Work Environment: Travel is required during weeknights and weekends. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be working remotely.
Note: CROHN’S & COLITIS FOUNDATION OF AMERICA RESERVES THE RIGHT TO ADD, DELETE, CHANGE OR MODIFY THE JOB DUTIES.