Do you want to work for a world class organization where creativity and thinking outside the box are not only welcomed but encouraged and expected? Do you want to promote health services and community resources while helping to find a cure for Crohn’s & Ulcerative Colitis? If yes, then we want to speak with you. The Crohn's & Colitis Foundation is a dynamic organization that serves over 1.6 million IBD patients and we need your help in mobilizing resources to find a cure. We’re currently growing and seek a strong Executive Director for our Western Pennsylvania/West Virginia Chapter. The incumbent will manage the implementation of The Foundation's mission through programs, fundraising events and board and volunteer development. This employee will also cultivate partnerships and alliances that will promote growth and awareness within the community. If you have strong fundraising experience and enjoy working in the community, then this is the position for you.
Position summary: The Executive Director position is responsible for the implementation of our mission through board and volunteer development. This individual will cultivate partnerships and alliances that will promote growth and awareness within the community. The Executive Director provides professional leadership to a Crohn's & Colitis Foundation Chapter and is accountable for local community management. In addition, the Executive Director is responsible for special events, individual and foundation gifts, 3rd party events, workplace giving and other national event activity.
- BA/BS degree
- Five to seven years in not-for-profit fundraising or association management, preferably within a health-related organization.
- Demonstrated track record of successful fundraising experience that includes special events, corporate/foundation giving, donor cultivation, public relations and stewardship.
- Previous experience in the Identifying, recruiting and partnering with volunteers
- Proven and applicable skills in strategic thinking, committee leadership, account management and volunteer development.
- Experience with influence management and persuasive authority over employees.
- Experience in varied forms of communications including – mass media, advertising and community relations, as they relate to the health care service industry
- An effective communicator, both written and oral.
- Proficiency in MS Office, Donor Direct, and Convio.
- Good Credit History.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Work with the chapter president in developing, recruiting and motivating local boards.
- Identify, recruit and train volunteers who have potential to be door openers, doers and/or donors for Foundation fundraisers and patient programs.
- Provide guidance to volunteers in carrying out assignments and recognition for their time and effort.
- Create working committees as well as provide leadership and guidance to committees.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with board members, volunteers and donors.
- Maintain positive relationships with leaders in the philanthropic community and with affiliated community organizations i.e. Combined Federal Campaign, Combined Health Agencies and Chamber of Commerce, Rotary etc.
- Collaboration, cultivation, identification and recruitment of revenue partners in order to maximize impact on special events.
- Execute fundraising techniques to meet revenue targets through special events, individual and foundation gifts, 3rd party events, workplace giving and other chapter activities.
- Responsible for identifying local major gift prospects and for collaborating with national major gift team.
- Identification of walk leadership and corporate sponsorship
- Implement the cultivation, solicitation, follow-up and recognition process for individual, corporate and foundation participation and donations.
- Maintain accurate and complete records and files for fundraising events, programs and activities.
- Coordinate marketing and promotion for fundraising events, programs and activities.
- Partner with media outlets and cultivate relationships to maximize awareness of The Crohn's & Colitis Foundation brand.
- Participate in enterprise wide activities such as GI visits, donor events, major education events, Team Challenge information meetings, Take Steps Walk and any other chapter wide activities.
- Offer advice and assistance to chapter staff and encourage camaraderie in the work environment.
- Provide leadership to chapter staff by facilitating communication across functional areas.
- Maintain communication with national directors.
- Direct administration of chapter financials, budget and operational plans.
- Drive a financial ratio margins to meet overall chapter performance guidelines.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
Physical Demands: While performing duties of the job, the incumbent is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear.
Work Environment: Some travel is required during weeknights and weekends. This position requires the individual to be out of the office and in the community.
Note: CROHN’S & COLITIS FOUNDATION RESERVES THE RIGHT TO ADD, DELETE, CHANGE OR MODIFY THE JOB DUTIES.