Position summary: National VP of our Take Steps walk program. Will provide leadership, vision and support to chapters and will work closely with staff in developing chapter-based, volunteer led fundraising event programs. In addition, the National VP Take Steps will create strategies and plans to recruit volunteer leadership to stimulate growth and maximize efficiencies in program execution. The Director will provide a vision for growth in the campaign.
- College graduate with relevant experience
- Minimum 8-10 years event management experience
- Significant skills in planning, budgeting, and volunteer development
- Excellent computer skills
- Available to travel and work evenings and weekends
- Self starter
- Ability to work as member of a team
- Flexible and adaptable
- Articulate in person and on the phone
- Meticulous attention to detail
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Lead a team of six national walk managers, a walk director and a walk marketing staff person
- Set vision for walk growth
- Collaborate with National departments
- Work with finance to track national sponsors, forecast and develop the budget.
- Serve as a member of the field team which provides an opportunity to influence all field related work
- Mobilize and cultivate volunteers at chapter and national level. Special emphasis will be on developing chapter walk revenue committees
- Assist in the development and marketing of sponsorship and partnership opportunities.
- Work with the Education, Services & Advocacy Department to insure mission integration
- Monitor chapter event budgets and recommend cost saving strategies
- Develop tools and systems to assist chapter staff in more efficient fundraising
- Ongoing training to event volunteers, local board committees and chapter staff through conferences, regional meetings, conference calls and professional development opportunities
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
Physical Demands: While performing duties of the job, incumbent is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear.
Work Environment: Travel is required during weeknights and weekends. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be working remotely.
Note: CROHN’S & COLITIS FOUNDATION OF AMERICA RESERVES THE RIGHT TO ADD, DELETE, CHANGE OR MODIFY THE JOB DUTIES.