Why Us: Are you up for a challenge? Do you greet each day with renewed enthusiasm and seek ways to improve the lives of others? Do you want to work for a world class organization where creativity and thinking outside the box are not only welcomed but encouraged and expected? The Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation is a dynamic organization that serves over 1.6 million IBD patients and we need your help in mobilizing resources to find a cure. We’re growing and we’re seeking strong leaders. Could that be you?
POSITION SUMMARY: The Development Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Regional Director in the preparation and coordination of an overall comprehensive fundraising plan that includes an array of fundraising strategies that generate revenue in support of The Foundation’s mission including, but not limited to special events, individual and corporate/foundation giving. The Development Coordinator works closely with the Regional Director to develop the annual work plan and coordinate the activities that ensure the success of the fundraising initiatives in accordance with Foundation policies and procedures.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Send out monthly e-news to Ohio and Indiana Chapter constituents
- Send out evites and e-blasts as necessary
- Add/Delete events and content, as needed
Financial and Development Support
- Reconcile Southwest Ohio Chapter bank statement monthly
- Send out stewardship mailings and enter moves into CRM for regional major gift prospects
- Track outstanding revenue
- Submit gift adjustments, as needed
- Deposit checks
- Enter gifts into CRM batches
- Process credit cards
- Submit check requests and complete new vendor forms
- Send out gift acknowledgements
- Merge duplicate records in CRM
- Provide administrative support for Chapter Board and event committees, including preparation of meeting minutes, agendas, and meeting materials
- Maintain accurate and complete records and files for assigned fundraising events, programs and activities and routinely review the status of each with the Regional Director.
- Perform all other duties and tasks required to support new and/or proposed fundraising events, programs and activities.
- Keep abreast of National Headquarters activities and properly utilize the resources available.
- Be knowledgeable about Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis and the foundation’s strategic plan and operations.
- Assure the proper use, management, security and upkeep of Foundation facilities, equipment and documents.
- College graduate or equivalent experience.
- Not-for-profit fundraising, within a health-related organization preferred.
- Demonstrated track record of success using a variety of fundraising techniques including special events, major gifts, foundation solicitation, direct mail and other revenue enhancement strategies preferred.
- Applicable skills in planning and budgeting, volunteer development and supervision.
- Strong marketing skills.
- Self-motivated, results oriented professional with strong organizational skills.
- An effective communicator, both written and oral. Marketing and public relations preferred.
- Must be computer literate (strong MS Office skills, graphics and digital media software/platforms).
- Available to work occasional evenings and weekends.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
Physical Demands: While performing duties of the job, incumbent is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear.
Work Environment: Some weeknights and occasional weekend work required. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may at times be working remotely.