POSITION SUMMARY: The Development Coordinator provides general clerical support to the chapter and specific support to assigned special events, programs and activities in accordance with the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation's policies and procedures. The ideal candidate is someone who is interested in Development and has the desire to become a seasoned Development Professional. This position will be for 25 hours per week.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be computer literate (working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and database applications preferred, Raiser’s Edge plus).
- MUST have strong mail merge experience.
- Solid experience with social media promotion.
- An effective communicator, both written and oral.
- Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail oriented, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and manage the daily operations of the office.
- Perform general clerical functions including filing, copying, faxing, non-profit bulk mail procedures.
- Answer the telephone and greet visitors.
- Maintain office supplies and office equipment.
- Process tributes and memorials.
- Assist with preparation of newsletter and other publications.
- Responsible for all financial transactions including accounts payable and accounts receivable. Maintain appropriate supporting documentation.
- Perform periodic and required close-out functions including reconciliation of accounts and preparation of monthly statements and related reports as needed for Executive Director.
- Forward all required financial reports to national headquarters by required deadlines.
- Manage database including routine acknowledgement letters and receipts, monthly additions, changes, and update reports.
- Support board and committee activities by coordinating meetings, meal and location logistics, meeting packets/materials as needed.
- Accountable for the successful and timely completion of assigned special events, programs and activities.
- Recruit and manage volunteers for assigned special events, programs and activities. Assure appropriate utilization of volunteer skills and resources. Provide guidance to volunteers in planning and implementing their tasks. Provide recognition for their time and effort.
- Coordinate the development of all materials related to assigned special events, programs and activities including procurement of bids and the selection of vendors.
- Maintain accurate and complete records and files for each assigned special event, program and activity and routinely review the status of each with the Executive Director.
- Actively seek opportunities to address community needs and positively impact local region while advancing our mission, goals and values.
- Keep abreast of National Headquarters activities and properly utilize the resources available.
- Be knowledgeable about Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis and the foundations strategic plan and operations.
- Assure the proper use, management, security and upkeep of Foundation facilities, equipment and documents.
- Other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
Physical Demands: While performing duties of the job, incumbent is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear.
Work Environment: Travel is required during weeknights and weekends. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be working remotely.
Note: CROHN’S & COLITIS FOUNDATION RESERVES THE RIGHT TO ADD, DELETE, CHANGE OR MODIFY THE JOB DUTIES.