About us: CCFA is a dynamic organization serving 1.6 million IBD patients in the United States through its research programs and a wide array of patient services. The Foundation has seen 50% revenue growth in the last 5 years and allocates 82 cents of every dollar raised to its mission activities. CCFA's core values of accountability, communication, compassion, integrity, leadership and partnership inspire and drive every member of our highly performing team.
Position Description: Walk Manager will be responsible for raising $250,000 through strategic planning, volunteer recruitment and management, and creative thinking to execute CCFA’s walk campaign, Take Steps for Crohn’s & Colitis in Houston and the Woodlands communities. This position will provide leadership, vision and support to chapter volunteers to help maximize growth potential of the campaign. This position will oversee volunteer engagement for the South Texas Chapter, as well as the Take Steps Corporate Revenue Committee and Chair. This position includes managing our Kohl’s Cares partnership and will coordinate additional special events to grow Take Steps revenue, such as our annual Community Sports Day.
- College graduate with minimum 6 years professional experience.
- Should be able to demonstrate successful fund raising experience including knowledge of sales best practices and current trends.
- Minimum 5 years fundraising, sales, client-facing project management experience.
- Significant skills in planning, budgeting.
- Excellent computer skills including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills required.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills required; ability to cold call, grow local contacts and build and nurture effective business relationships to increase CCFA’s visibility, brand awareness, volunteers, and revenue.
- Detail oriented, organized and demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple projects and tasks.
- Must be able and willing to travel extensively throughout assigned geographic area and to work evenings early mornings and weekends, as necessary.
- Excellent multi-tasking and project management skills.
- Comfortable speaking in front of groups as well as large audiences.
- Develop and implement a three year strategic plan to show significant revenue growth in Take Steps for Crohn’s & Colitis.
- Develop and implement annual operational plan that includes detailed budget, team development, corporate development, volunteer development, event development and logistic plans.
- Identify target audiences and build appropriate marketing strategies to recruit, cultivate, acknowledge and retain event participants and sponsors.
- Develop a marketing and promotional plan to enhance visibility and increase community awareness and participation in Take Steps for Crohn’s & Colitis.
- Identify, recruit and mobilize business and community leaders to serve as volunteers and sponsors.
- Create and maintain timelines, budgets and logistical needs for campaign events.
- Manages and assures the development of campaign materials required for the success and implementation of Take Steps events.
- Provide staff leadership, guidance and support for volunteers, participants and committees required for the success of Take Steps.
- Track income and expenses associated with Take Steps for Crohn’s & Colitis.
- Maintain working knowledge of CCFA and its programs to address the mission of the organization.
Physical Demands & Work Environment: While performing duties of the job, incumbent is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear.
NOTE: CROHN’S & COLITIS FOUNDATION OF AMERICA RESERVES THE RIGHT TO ADD, DELETE, CHANGE OR MODIFY THE JOB DUTIES.